Where Desire Meets Destiny

Friday, October 06, 2006

Some Links

I've been busy the last few days since I made the move to this new Blogger account. It seems to be working okay so far, but I believe they are still working out some bugs.

Have a three-day weekend coming up so have lots of writing to get done.

I'm going to post some links I came across while researching.

The first one is Eyewitness to History It's a site with first-hand accounts of famous moments in history.

The next one is The Historical Novel Society. For anyone who reads or writes historical novels.

The Baby Name Wizard Blog is the blog of the author of The Baby Name Wizard Book which I've found very helpful for naming characters.

The WorldCat
is an online catalog to libraries all over the world. You can search for books, music, videos, etc. If's very useful if you make use of inter-library loans.

19th Century Slang Dictionary Here you can find 19th century slang to spice up your dialogue.

Finally, The Time Traveller's Guide to Victorian Britian is a very neat site chock-ful of info about those wacky Victorians

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger GutterBall said...

I love slang dictionaries. I always come up with something completely off-the-wall to rehash!

So, how are the new digs workin for ya? Roomy? Not too drafty? Your blog is still intact?

I'd heard some rumors about deleted blogs from the transition, so I was curious. WOot!

10/11/2006 7:44 PM  
Blogger Anna Black said...

So far it's been okay. I do like the fact that it's one-button publishing. I didn't know how to transfer my old blog over so I didn't even try. But so far, no complaints. Though I can tell it's a beta version by some little quirks.

I love slang dictionaries too. Since I'm currently writing a cowboy erotica I came across some really neat westernisms

10/14/2006 6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home