Where Desire Meets Destiny

Saturday, October 14, 2006

The Prestige Opens This Friday!

Don't forget. The Prestige opens this Friday, October 20th. I am so there! I went over to Rotten Tomatoes to see where it is on the Tomatometer but there aren't enough reviews yet.

But as my son likes to tease me, it wouldn't matter if this movie were the biggest pile of crap this side of a cattle ranch, I would still go see it.

Damn straight! *grin*

However, I think it will be very good. I liked Batman Begins, which Christopher Nolan, the director of this movie, also directed and which also stared Bale.

That's good enough for me. And the fact that it has Bale in it. And Jackman. In Victorian London.

I think I'm going to faint.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said...

Oh, man, my two favorite actors right now! *sigh* Keep us posted on how good it is!!!

10/15/2006 7:29 AM  
Blogger Anna Black said...

I most certainly will! *grin*

10/15/2006 8:26 AM  
Blogger GutterBall said...

Dude...I may have to break my promise to not go to the movies for a while by going to that one! I am DYING to see what it's all about!

They've been advertising it like crazy during football (which is the only time I'm likely to see it, of course), and it looks...oh...it looks amazing.

Mr. Jackman and Mr. Bale. Excellent actors (American Psycho was incredibly twisted because of his portrayal and I'd suffer through Van Helsing a hundred times for his excellent characterization!) and an excellent plot. Gotta love it!

Gotta watch it!

10/15/2006 1:13 PM  
Blogger Anna Black said...

Gutterball: I did start reading the book the movie is, as the director said, "loosely" based on and it was pretty interesting. I didn't finish however as got caught up in other books, so I have no idea how it ends but it should be interesting.

I've yet to see American Psycho. Will have to check that out sometime.

Patricia: Yep, I don't want to wait for the DVD to see this one!

10/16/2006 5:51 PM  
Blogger GutterBall said...

Oh, American Psycho is riveting. It'll have you wondering just what the hell happened. Did you lose your mind, or did he, or did everyone else??

Bwahah! Great stuff!

And if you like it, you might try Memento. It has a similar feel to it but for completely different reasons. It's amazing, too.

10/18/2006 7:12 PM  
Blogger Anna Black said...

I'll put both of those on my TBW (To Be Watched) list. :)

10/20/2006 4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home