Where Desire Meets Destiny

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

On Hiatus



I'm going to take a break from adding new posts to this blog. I'll update the sidebar but that's about it for now. I need to devote as much time as I can to my writing in that I have four short stories I want to write and submit by the end of the year.

Enjoy the holidays.

Oh, before I forget. I saw The Prestige last night. Very interesting movie. Unfortunatley, it's difficult to talk about the movie without giving away the twists, but I will say that Bale and Jackman were very good and David Bowie was a wonderful surprise in the role of Nikola Tesla. Andy Serkis (Gollum) is also in it and Michael Caine is, well, Michael Caine. He's like Morgan Freeman. He rarely disappoints in a role.

I would definitely recommend seeing the movie but be prepared to have to pay close attention. The movie shifts back and forth in time and it can be a tad confusing. At least it was for me but not terribly confusing. Just took me a second or two every now and then to orient myself as to "when" I was. The costumes are GORGEOUS!

6 Comments:

Blogger Dixie Belle said...

I saw it last night and loved it. Very good movie!!

10/26/2006 2:02 PM  
Blogger Anna Black said...

It's definitely on my Must-Purchase-As-a-DVD list. Along with The Illusionist, another movie about a 19th century magician.

Without giving away anything to those who have not yet seen it, did you see any of the twists coming, Dixie Belle?

10/26/2006 6:08 PM  
Blogger GutterBall said...

I miss you already! Waaah!

10/28/2006 2:38 PM  
Blogger Anna Black said...

Awww, thanks, Gutterball! I'll get back to posting as soon as I can. You know how it is trying to find enough time to write and do everything else while working the 9-5 or should I say 8-5 grind. *sigh*

10/29/2006 7:42 AM  
Blogger Dixie Belle said...

Hey,
No I didn't see the twists coming. I loved the ending.

11/20/2006 10:00 AM  
Blogger Anna Black said...

The ending was great!

12/01/2006 4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home