Where Desire Meets Destiny

Saturday, February 24, 2007

300

Okay, I'll admit it.

I'm totally psyched for this movie. It's called 300 and it's based on the graphic novel by Frank Miller. It's a retelling of the Battle of Thermopylae, wherein 300 Spartans (and 700 Thespian volunteers) helped to secure the retreat of their fellow Greeks by holding out against the massive Persian army of Xerxes I.

Miller said he based the book on the movie The 300 Spartans which he had seen as a kid. So had I. That movie was the first time I'd ever heard of the Battle of Thermopylae.

The movie is going to be shown in the IMAX format, which is how I plan to see it. Opening day is Friday, March 9th.

From the few reviews I've read so far, it looks to be a orgiastic frenzy of blood, sweat and guts.

Hard-bodied, half-naked, sweaty Greeks, shouting, bellowing, and fighting.

Beta males need not apply.

I am so there.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said...

Oh, man, sounds wonderful. Too bad we couldn't make it a girls movie!!!

2/24/2007 1:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me too. If you have cell phones, we can all go on the same day and call each other, sneakedly. Is that a word. Michelle and I are!

BTW: I love that old movie. The 300 Spartans.

2/25/2007 9:52 AM  
Blogger GutterBall said...

Dude, I just want to see it for that "graphic novel to movie" translation. It worked amazingly well (for me, anyway) with Sin City, and I have no doubt it'll work well for this bloodfest.

I do so love a good bloodfest!

2/25/2007 12:58 PM  
Blogger Anna Black said...

That would be fun to go as a group! *grin*

2/26/2007 6:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home