Where Desire Meets Destiny

Friday, December 29, 2006

And Another Year

Another New Year will soon be upon us. I'm not going to say how fast this year has gone by because I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that way.

With each year I get a year older and, I fear, no wiser. But I keep plodding along, hoping that something of what I've experienced has seeped into my mind and my soul.

I have, as always, the same old resolutions. Lose weight, exercise more, save money, etc, etc, etc.

To be honest, I'm just going to go with the flow this year. That doesn't mean I don't have any goals. I've set some, to be sure. But my primary goal is to just take each day as it comes. One day at a time. Spend more time focusing on what's in front of me at that moment than on what's behind me, or what may or may not be coming ahead of me.

I doubt that will make the time go slower but, maybe, it will at least help me to appreciate the passage of it.

Happy New Year!

2 Comments:

Blogger Portia Da Costa said...

What a great resolution! To go with the flow and concentrate on the moment...

I think that's the one for me too. :)

Happy New Year!

12/30/2006 2:29 AM  
Blogger Dixie Belle said...

Definitely focus on what's ahead. The year did fly by. It's getting scary!

I rented a movie you once posted about, Stage Beauty. Plan to watch it tomorrow.

12/30/2006 10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home