Where Desire Meets Destiny

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Quick Post

Just a quick post to say that it's definitely not a white Christmas here! Unless it snows between now and Sunday. Which the forecast is not predicting so far.

Not a bit of snow to be seen anywhere. We had a snow storm a few weeks ago but the temps shot up into the upper 40s and melted it all away. This has been going on now for a number of years. Snowless Christmases and this in a state that I remember, as a child, pretty much being covered with snow from November until March!

And I saw on the news Monday that New York was in the 60s! In the middle of December!

Global warming, anyone?

I'm just about to get started on editing two short stories so that I can mail them out tomorrow. Are they ready to be mailed out? Probably not. But is any story ever really ready to go out into the cold, cruel world?

It's just like with kids. Eventually your stories, just like your children, have to leave home.

Except, unlike with kids, unless you have more children once yours leave home, of course, you send a story out and start working on the next one.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said...

No White Christmas here, either. Great work on the stories! I hope to get a few things out in 2007. I didn't do much but enter a contest this past year.

12/20/2006 7:22 AM  
Blogger Anna Black said...

Thanks, and I hear ya about 2007. I hope to get a lot more done in the new year, writing-wise.

12/22/2006 10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home