Where Desire Meets Destiny

Sunday, December 10, 2006

An Early New Year's Resolution

It's only December 10th and I'm already thinking about New Year's Resoltuions. Why?
I got on the scale the other day. Yikes! No wonder I've been feeling so uncomfortable lately. I've gained nearly 10 pounds! And trust me, those are 10 pounds I do not need!
So, of course, like millions of others, one of my New Year's Resolutions is .....drum roll, please.
To lose weight!
Yeah, like I haven't set that as a resolution every year since I put on all this darn weight! But, I figure I'm just gonna keep setting that as a resolution until I accomplish it. However, I'm not going to wait until January 1. I'm starting today. Slowly, however. Very slowly. Easing into healthier eating. Easing into daily exercise. And my goal, for now, is just to lose five pounds. Once I lose that, then I'll set another goal of five pounds and just focus on that.
And then, with a lot of hard work, hopefully, I'll lose all that I want to lose. About 65 to 75 pounds. More would be nice but I'm trying to be reaistic. I am getting older, after all. Years ago I used to wear a size 4. I'll never see that number on a dress or a pair of jeans again. *grin*
But I'll be happy being able to wear, oh, I don't know. A size 10? Yeah, that would be a nice. A size 10. *sigh*

2 Comments:

Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said...

I tried to comment yesterday but the word verification box was wonky. I never saw a size 4, except maybe toddler. *wg* But I agree, a 10 would be a dream come true. That still may be unrealistic for me, but I would be extremely happy!! Best of luck with your resolutions. I agree--don't wait until Jan when you can get started on small changes now!

12/11/2006 5:22 AM  
Blogger Anna Black said...

Sometimes I think of getting rid of that word verification but then I'd probably get a lot of spam posts.

I'm not kidding myself about this weight loss. It's going to be hard! Really hard. I try not to think about how hard it's going to be. When I stress I snack and, like a lot of folks, I'm under a bit of stress of late.

But you're right. Small changes. Small moves. That's the way to go.

12/11/2006 6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home