Where Desire Meets Destiny

Sunday, December 17, 2006

TNT and Lord of the Rings

I would have posted this on Saturday but I've been sick as a dog for the past week with a nasty cold, so I spent all yesterday resting. Really don't feel that much better today, but I have to go back to work tomorrow so, among other things I must do today, I also have to finish editing a short story for submission tomorrow.

Anywho, today, Sunday, TNT, is showing all three Lord of the Lord Rings movies, starting at 11:30 Central Time, so for anyone who doesn't have the DVDs or has them but just doesn't feel like sticking them in the DVD player, you can watch all three in a row today on TNT.

Of course, you'll have to deal with commercials breaks, which I tend to mute until they're over, but it'll be a chance to see the entire trilogy in one day.

I still remember mid-December of 2001, 2002 and 2003, when I, and a host of others to be sure, was eagerly anticipating the release of a new Lord of the Rings movie. It really added a bit of excitment to doldrums of winter.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Dixie Belle said...

I agree completely. It was fun to look forward to seeing the next movie in December! I miss that!

12/19/2006 12:32 PM  
Blogger Anna Black said...

It makes you wonder if we'll ever have that kind of movie-going experience again. Especially one that carried over three years!

LOTR was such a special book and Jackson made such a special movie from it.

12/19/2006 5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home