Where Desire Meets Destiny

Monday, February 26, 2007

Words on a Page

I'm breaking with my usual posting on the weekends to say that I watched the Oscars last night, as I always do, and then find myself regretting having stayed up so late.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I loved the way they announced the nominees for best original and adapted screenplays.

For those who did not watch the Oscars, what they did is have the presenters read the names of the nominees and then they read aloud snippets from their scripts, superimposing the words of the script over the actual scene of the movie.

I thought it was a wonderful idea for I think, or at least I hoped, it reminded the audience that before there's ever a director, a cast, an art director, a cinematographer, a costume designer, a composer, etc. there's the screenwriter, alone in his or her house, apartment or wherever, putting black words on a white page.

Kudos to whoever's idea that was.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't watch the Oscars this year. But I am sure going to watch 300!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love scripts though. I know a short story I would love to adapt and it's public domain. I might do it one day.

3/01/2007 2:36 PM  
Blogger Anna Black said...

I think short stories make better movies than novels.

As for 300, the theater my son works at is having a test screening for some of the employees on Monday evening on the IMAX. Only a handful of people in the theater with the whole IMAX to enjoy it on.

Okay, I'm not an employee but I'm an employee's Mom and want to see it!!! *grin*

3/03/2007 3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home