Where Desire Meets Destiny

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Weekend Check In

I really, truly wish I had something interesting to blog about for my weekend check in. But, in all truthfullness, all I've been doing is working and writing. I'm not having any ephiphanies about life in general or particular.

I did spend last week, when I wasn't writing or working, watching some DVDs. I never watched, for example, either Stargate SG1 or Angel on television. But thanks to DVDs and my local library, I'm currently done watching the third season of Angel and I'm in the middle of watching the first season of Stargate SG1.

Yeah, I know. Stargate has been running for 10 years. Well, can't say I won't have someting to fill up the time when I want to relax. My local library has the DVDs for all 9 seasons so I'll be able to catch up on the shows.

I'm enjoying both shows very much and love how character driven, in spite of the out of this world plots, both shows are. Being that I'm a character driven writer that's a major plus for me.

I'm rereading the last two Harry Potter books in preparation for the release of the last Harry Potter book in July.

I have yet to see Spiderman 3 but plan to see it probably Memorial Day weekend. Sherk the Third is coming out this Friday and the Friday after that, POC: At World's End.

A new movie theater opened in Madison. Robert Redford chose Madison as the one of the first cities in the country in which to open his Sundance Cinema Theaters. I hestiate to use the words theater chain because one of the things Redford is hoping to avoid is the cookie-cutter style of most theater chains.

Here's a link to it.

Sundance 608.

It's called Sundance 608 because 608 is Madison's area code. I've yet to visit it but I'm very excited about it. As you know Redford started the Sundance Institute, which is dedicated to fostering independent artists and audiences and there's his world famous Sundance Film Festival.

As for my writing, I'm nearly done with my submission for Tuesday, the 15th but, good-golly-Miss-Molly, I've got to get a fire burning under my butt or I'm going to miss the darn deadline! I'm also trying to get up to speed on a submission due on June 1st.

Once again time is flying. Can you believe it's almost the 15th of May!! Does time truly travel at a constant speed or are there times when it cheats and speeds up just a little.

Oh, and Happy Mom's Day!

Ciao for now!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said...

Have a great Mother's Day, Anna!

5/13/2007 11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home