Where Desire Meets Destiny

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Write On!

It's November 1s. I got up at 5:00 this morning. Why? Because I want to get in a good session of writing before I go to work, and it's also the start of NaNoWriMo and it's my goal to have a 50,000 word, hopefully workable, bare-bones draft of a novel by the end of the month.

I'm also revising a novella and doing world-building for a 30,000 word novella I'm writing in December.

Can I do this?

Possibly.

I started writing every day on September 1st. In September I finished and submitted three stories. I wrote 38, 192 words, averaging 1,273 words a day.

In October, I wrote a total 54,343 words, with an average of 1,753 words a day. I finished a draft for a novella and prepped for my NaNo novel.

I was given a boost when two stories I had submitted earlier this year and last year were accepted for publication in two erotica anthologies published by Simon & Schuster that are coming out in 2008.

So, yeah, I'm gonna do this. One way or the other.

As for the pic of Shakespeare, he's just happens to be my chosen Muse of the Month.

Ciao!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said...

Cheers!!!!

Congrats, again, on the sales and GREAT WORK. You can do it!

11/01/2007 1:04 PM  
Blogger Dixie Belle said...

Hey, you are doing great! And Shakespeare is a terrific muse.

11/01/2007 7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home