Where Desire Meets Destiny

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Writing, Writing and More Writing

Ah, yes. Another weekend, another blog update.

Well, as the title for my post states, I'm writing, writing and more writing. This week I submitted the short story I was working on so I can pat myself on the back for that. And move on to my next project for which I have 12 days---12 days, mind you---to get a 10,000 to 15,000 erotic paranormal drafted, revised and submitted by June 1st

And, hmmm, let's see. I have to work my full-time job and, oh, yes, next weekend is Memorial Day Weekend and I'm going to Wiscon which is a science fiction convention held here in the Mad City.

But guess what? I'm going to get it done, by golly!

Actually, I'm about to leave to do one of my Sunday writing marathons. I've done these for NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) where I pretty much spend the entire day at various bookstores and cafes, writing my not-so-little butt off. *grin*

My goal? At least 4,000 words today. 6,000 if I'm either feeling lucky or have completely lost my ever-loving mind.

Then, I'll still have to write my sex scenes which should fill up the rest of the word count. But that part will be fun. *wink*

Oh, I got this on a email loop I'm on. I thought it was hilarious.

How to Write a Trashy Romance Novel.

Part the One - http://tinyurl.com/2u23vo
Part the Two - http://tinyurl.com/2argar
Part the Last - http://tinyurl.com/cmx9c

And go to this link. It's a perferct companion to the How To Write A Trashy Romance.

Longmire Does Romance Novels

Seriously, if we romance writers don't laugh at ourselves every now and then, we'll go crazy!!

Ciao until next weekend!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said...

Great job on the submission! I would love to do one of those marathon sessions. I hope you got tons done!

5/21/2007 7:18 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

I laughed until I cried. Thanks for those--now I need to get to work!

5/21/2007 7:31 PM  
Blogger Anna Black said...

Well, you know what happened with my submission, Joely, and I'll blog about it also.

You're welcome, Jen! :)

5/27/2007 6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home