Where Desire Meets Destiny

Sunday, August 19, 2007

The 365,000 Word Finish LIne

Joely and I have been talking about starting a 1,000 Words-a-Day Club. In a previous post I talked about how much writing one could achieve in a year by doing this.

The object would be, of course, thus the name of the club, to write 1,000 words a day. Now, the setup of the 1,000 Words-a-Day Club would be a very informal one.

I'd create a specific blog for the club and the idea would be that you would let us know, if you want, whether you reached your goal of 1,000 words for that day.

You could also talk about how you got your 1,000 words done. What methods or tricks or inspiring tools you used.

On the other hand, if you had difficulty reaching your goal, you could talk about that also. It would be a way to see what works and what doesn't work for you. What days the writing seemed to flow and what days it didn't. And perhaps the other members of the club could help you find ways to meet the goal.

Again, it would all be very informal. No deadlines. No pressure. Just do your best to hit 1,000 words a day.

I've already started keeping track of my 1,000 words a day but I won't officially start the club until September 1st.

So, if anyone is interested in joining my little club just leave a comment here.

Ciao!

Labels: ,

16 Comments:

Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said...

1K seems so minor... until you see 365,000 words for the year! Count me in.

8/19/2007 11:29 AM  
Blogger Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Is this new writing only, or does it include revisions?

8/19/2007 12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll do it. 70 Days of Sweat isn't going to continue another challenge, I hear, till late October/Nov and I will be finished with my first one before 70 days and ready to move on to the next story. I want to finish it before the holidays. So I'll go a round.

8/19/2007 4:34 PM  
Blogger Anna Black said...

Susan, it can be anything you want it to be. Revisions, new writing, practice writing. Myself I'm pretty much counting anything I write for the time being. *grin*

Cool, Joely and Maude! I'll start it officially on September 1st.

8/20/2007 5:31 AM  
Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said...

The Sven challenge has been great for me, but I'm not going to sit around for weeks waiting for it to start again. The most important thing for me is steady progress, every day, without fail. The hot rushes in the zone are great when they happen, but it's the daily progress that will ultimately help me reach "the end." So a daily requirement is exactly what I need! (I'll still participate in Sven, too, but that's not *all* I'm doing.)

8/20/2007 10:08 AM  
Blogger Dixie Belle said...

Sounds like a good idea and I'd like to, at least, try for a 1000 a day and see how it goes. Put me down.

8/20/2007 9:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, I never want to quit writing again, so count me in. To think I wasted all those years. Ouch. But no regrets. I got today and it was great.

8/21/2007 12:47 AM  
Blogger Bri said...

I would definitely be interested! 70 Days has helped so much - and this would too! Great idea. Whoorah for September 1!

8/21/2007 11:20 PM  
Blogger Bri said...

Just in case my comment didn't go through (grr - blogger!) - I'm interested! I was more "whoorah!" in the first draft - but I'm about to go - so this had to be rushed.

Ready for September 1!

8/21/2007 11:25 PM  
Blogger Anna Black said...

Glad to see you guys are interested. Great! I'll start the blog on September 1st and send out invitations to all who've responded.

I'm still chugging along myself. Haven't quite yet (except for one day) hit 1,000 words each day but I'm working on it. :) Have a story due for submission the end of the month so need to get cracking as they say!

8/22/2007 5:20 AM  
Blogger GutterBall said...

I'll give it a whirl. I usually avoid commitment stuff like the plague, but I haven't written much of anything for...oh...I'm ashamed to admit. I need something to prod me back in.

It's probably why I've been feeling so off lately. I never feel right when I'm not writing. Ugh. Yeah, count me in.

8/22/2007 6:26 PM  
Blogger Anna Black said...

Welcome aboard, Gutterball. Yeah, I feel the same way. If I'm not writing I feel bad. When I'm writing I feel great. So, logically, one would think I'd write all the time!

8/23/2007 5:13 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Hey, I'd like to join as well if you don't mind. Anything to keep my butt glued to the chair works for me. I missed out on Sven but I don't want to wait until Oct either. (LOL) Gotta finish the one I'm working on first.

Michelle

8/24/2007 10:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Count me in, I'm not having much luck with Sven but I will definitely work on 1k a day

8/25/2007 1:51 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Count me in! Anything to give me that extra push to finish this book!

8/25/2007 9:44 PM  
Blogger Anna Black said...

Great, Michelle, Jen and Terra! Welcome aboard. I'll add you to the list.

8/26/2007 8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home