Where Desire Meets Destiny

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Back On Track

The last couple of months have been insane. I moved, had employment changes and am currently still in the midst of all this uncertainity.

Needless to say this has had an effect on my writing. I must say I admire those writers who seem to be able to soldier through and do their writing no matter what happens.

Sometimes I can do that and sometimes I can't.

For example, I'm no longer going to participate in the Seventy Days of Sweat. This really wasn't a good time for me to sign up for it. Usually my life isn't as hectic and insane as it's been these last few months and I'm working like crazy to achieve some kind of normalcy.

Now, that doesn't mean I'm stopping work on my writing project. No way! It just means I won't be trying to finish it in September. I'm pushing the finish date out until November.

I also have two other projects I'm going to be working on additon to that one. I have to be realistic, not only regarding how much writing I can get done but when I can write.

Thus the picture of the calendar. I was never one for using dayplanners or trying to organzie my time but it would be useful and helpful if I can at least try to schedule my writing time.

Working full-time is a reality I won't be able to ignore, if ever. So I have to determine when and where is the best time to write in order to accomplish my goals.

So, as for Sven, thanks for at least getting me started. And good luck to everyone still sweating along with the Nordic god. *grin*

Ciao!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said...

If I kick Sven to the curb today, I've at least gotten back into the habit of writing SOMETHING every day, even if it's small. Even if it's merely notes about what I want to do. You know I'll be here cheering you on no matter where Sven is. :-)

7/29/2007 12:13 PM  
Blogger GutterBall said...

Meh, you already know you can write a novel in a month, Anna. You can do it, so you have nothing to prove there. If it does nothing more than get ideas churning and your fingers itching to type, it's good, but if it makes your daily life more hectic right now, you don't need it.

Oh, and I just finished "The Branding...", and WOOT! Anna, you RULE! Like I said, honey-chile, I'd read your grocery list with a smile. You are just...that...good.

7/29/2007 2:22 PM  
Blogger Anna Black said...

Thanks, guys! And glad you enjoyed my little cowboy lovefest, Gutterball. And stop making me blush! *grin* But, seriously, glad you liked it. I had fun writing it.

7/31/2007 6:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home