Where Desire Meets Destiny

Saturday, July 14, 2007

And It's Away!

I just emailed the 13,000 word story that I finally, FINALLY, finished. I always love that feeling of sending something off.

Ann Voss Peterson, who is a member of my local RWA chapter and writes for Harlequin, told us that we should always celebrate submitting something. Don't wait for an acceptance to celebrate, she told us. Submitting anything, from a short story to a novel, is a major accomplishment.

Unfortunately, I'm pretty strapped for cash right now but I am going to set aside enough money to buy the last Harry Potter book that is coming out this upoming Friday/Saturday! So, I guess that will have to be my celebratory gift to myself.

And, FYI, I'm in the "Snape is Good" camp. *grin*

Now! *slapping hands together* I can finally get to work on my Seventy Days of Sweat. Actually, I've done some work already but now I can get into the actual grunt work.

No pun intended, but I'm not going to sweat it if I don't make it to the deadline. To be honest just signing up for the challenge has made me get more work done than I would have if I hadn't signed up. I fully expect to continue working on my novel past the deadline but if this challenge does nothing else but get me two-thirds of the way to completion, it will have been a success for me

4 Comments:

Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said...

*throws confetti*

I agree, submitting something is a huge achievement no matter the answer. Congrats!!

I agree on the sweating. I hope to finish, but if not, I've still gotten more done than I would have otherwise.

7/14/2007 1:07 PM  
Blogger Dixie Belle said...

Woo Hoo!! Make you get good news soon!!

7/14/2007 5:39 PM  
Blogger Dixie Belle said...

Should have been "May" OOPS

7/14/2007 8:09 PM  
Blogger Anna Black said...

Thanks, Joely and Dixie Belle!

7/16/2007 7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home