Where Desire Meets Destiny

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

The Finish Line

It's done. I finished my 13,000 word story. Okay, actually it's about 84 words over 13,000 but since I still have to go through and do my last major edit I can get rid of those 84 words fairly easy.

I'm just glad it's finished. It was, as usual, the last scene between the hero and heroine that was giving me the willies. But, as with anything, at some point you just have to stop knawing your fingernails and just get in there and write that darn scene or scenes.

So just some final cosmetic editing and I'll submit it sometime this weekend. I'm also doing my rather hurried prep-work for my project for the 70 Days, which I will officially start on Friday the 13th.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix is out today! My son saw it yesterday at an employee's showing and he said it's pretty good. I plan to see it sometime later today.

Speaking of I heard that J.K. Rowling has hinted that she may return to the world of Hogwarts, after stating she had no intention of writing any more Harry Potter books. Or at least to the wizarding world that Hogwarts is part of

I'm not surprised.

I couldn't imagine that she wouldn't want to keep writing in that amazing universe she's created. And I'm sure----not to sound mercenary or anything----that she's had quite a lot of money dangled in front of her (as if she really needs it because last I heard she's worth more than $450 million dollars) to keep writing the HP books.

Just to give you some perspective on her suceess. The print run for the first Harry Potter book was 50,000 copies. The print run for the last book that is coming out next week is 12 million copies.

12 million copies! Mind-boggling, isn't it.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said...

*cheers* Great work on finishing the shorter piece! What an awesome achievement! I finally read the first HP book this year, and it was good. I don't know if I'll read the whole series or not. 12 million is... geez. I can't even comprehend.

7/11/2007 8:30 AM  
Blogger Anna Black said...

Thanks, Joely! The rest of the HP books are pretty good. Some better than others.

7/12/2007 7:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home