Where Desire Meets Destiny

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Quick Update

I'm stealing a few minutes this Sunday morning to post to my blog. I'm attending Wiscon, which is a science fiction convention held in Madison every Memorial Day weekend and there's an 8:30 panel I want to attend, so I must be brief

Last Sunday I blogged about how I was going to spend the following week working on a story that was due June 1st. And I did. I wrote like crazy last week. However, a friend emailed me on Friday to tell me that submissions were closed early.

Bummer!

I'd gotten about 25% of the story done and was going to squeeze in working on it while attending the convention this weekend. I think I had a pretty good chance of finishing it in time but, well, there you are.

I've set the project aside for now. I do intend on finishing it and finding another market. I'm working on a new project, due date of July 31st but my goal is to get it done ASAP because of my fear of something similar happening!

Personally, however, I think if a deadline is given for a project it should be adhered to if at all possible. I suppose, in this case, more than enough submissions were received and that's why submissions were closed early but some people (like me, for example) have to squeeze in our writing with full-time jobs, school or family responsiblities.

I mean, sure, a lot of the time it is just good old-fashioned procrastination at work but sometimes it's just finding the time.

Oh, well, I'm not going to gripe about it. What's done is done. I will finish the story and I will find another market for it.

I will say that after I'd gotten my writing done last Thursday, I spent the entire evening watching the DVD, which I'd gotten from the library, of PBS's version of Jane Eyre.

Loved it! Absolutely loved it! Kept me rivited to the screen and was one of the most romantic movies I've seen in a long time. Definitely on my to-buy list.

Got an email from the editor of Cowboy Lover: Erotic Tales of the Wild West, which contains my short story "The Branding of Miss Charlotte Babington." She received the books from the publisher and, with hope, I'll soon have not only my copy but money too!

Ciao!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home