Where Desire Meets Destiny

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Survive My FIre

You'd have to be living under a rock or in a cave not to know that the seventh and last Harry Potter book will be released tomorrow at midnight.

But there's another relesae tomorrow that I'm even more excited about.

My dear, dear friend and writing pal, Joely Sue Burkhart, will have her first book released by Drollerie Press on Friday, July 2oth.

It's called Survive My Fire, her imaginative reworking of the dragon legend. And trust me, when I say "imaginative reworking" I'm not just throwing words around.

Joely creates these incredible, exotic, passionate worlds. The woman lives and breathes myths and legends and fairytales and in a world that's fast becoming cynical and jaded, her stories are like a breath of sweet fire.

I've known Joely now for over three years. We've yet to meet in person but I feel as close to her as I do any of the friends I've known for years. And she never ceases to amaze me in terms of not only her generosity of spirit but by the fact she's married, works full-time, has three small children and yet manages to write and write and write.

And she never gives up. And if anyone is deserving of this, it's her. Trust me on that.

Congratulations, Joely and much success!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said...

Hugs, my dear friend! Thank you so much!

7/19/2007 11:27 AM  
Blogger Anna Black said...

You're welcome, and you so desreve it. *grin*

7/20/2007 6:25 AM  
Blogger GutterBall said...

Amen! I am SO writing a review on the ol' blog...if I can ever get this audit done and gone. Guh.

7/27/2007 9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home