Where Desire Meets Destiny

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Duel

How would you like to see that in your rear-view mirror, closing fast at 90 miles an hour? Well that's what Dennis Weaver is faced with in the movie Duel.

Duel is the movie Steven Speilberg made a couple of years before he hit it big with Jaws. It was a made-for-tv movie that came out in the seventies, so it's a bit dated but not in its classic tale of David and Goliath.

Dennis Weaver is a businessman taking a normal business trip in his car. He happens to pass a huge semi and whoa, do things get nasty after that!

The rest of the movie is a thrill ride of Weaver trying his best to stay alive as the trucker is hell-bent on making sure he doesn't.

I watched this over the weekend and I never cease to enjoy it. If you get a chance, check it out!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Susan Helene Gottfried said...

OMG, I remember that movie!

8/08/2007 2:50 PM  
Blogger Tempest Knight said...

I hate it when those big trucks pass me by on the road. They scare me.

8/09/2007 8:21 AM  
Blogger Bri said...

The second picture is great - and I love the tag line. I'll try to check this out when I get back to school. Looks like fun. :D Have a wonderful Thursday!

8/09/2007 10:19 AM  
Blogger Anna Black said...

It's a great movie, isn't it, Susan. :) And it's fun watching an early Speilberg movie. He was accomplished as a director even at that young age!

I agree, Tempest, those trucks do scare me. But I'm sure the majority of truckers are careful drivers. At least I hope so. That's a lot vehicle they're hauling!

Definitely give it a looksee, Bri. I think you'll enjoy it.

8/10/2007 5:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home