Where Desire Meets Destiny

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Looming Deadline

There's just never enough time, is there?

I've got a deadline looming for a novella I want to submit. The deadline is this upcoming Thursday, the 15th. This is the last weekend before the deadline, the last weekend before I have to return to work on Monday and spend 8 hours---not including commute time---not working on my writing.

So I've got to get as much revising done this weekend on my novella as I can. The draft is pretty much complete but there are still holes I need to patch up and smooth out and paint over.

And, of course, there are all those things you have to do on the weekend that you can't get done during the work week that will take time away from the writing.

Sigh.

But, I've done this before. Somehow managed to squeeze my writing in despite the time constraints, got the story finished and submitted, and I even managed to sell a few of those I've written that way.

Actually, in that I have to work full-time to keep those bills paid, pretty much everything I write is written like that.

Under time constraints that sometimes make my head want to explode.

But I manage somehow.

Ciao!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Portia Da Costa said...

Good luck with achieving your goals this week!

I *know* you can do it...

11/11/2007 8:17 AM  
Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said...

I hope the revisions are going well! You're doing great!

11/13/2007 5:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you made the goal

11/15/2007 9:25 PM  
Blogger Anna Black said...

Thanks, everyone! Actually I did make it and emailed it last night!!

11/16/2007 5:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home