Where Desire Meets Destiny

Saturday, August 25, 2007

1000 Word A Day Update

Just an update on the 1000 Word a Day Club.

It will be starting on September 1st. I think that's appropriate. It's back to school time for many and it will be a great time for us to start putting our butts to the chair and writing.

I'm considering not only having a blog but perhaps starting a Yahoo Group.

But I'll let you know if I decide to do that.

Again, the rules are going to be very informal. The only thing I'm going to insist on is NO NEGATIVITY.

I think we all get enough of that in our daily lives. *grin*

Positive thoughts, supporting each other and writing. Those will be our watch words.

As for my own writing, my goal is to get those 1000 words a day, and more, done this weekend. I've got to finish up a 10,000 word story that I want to submit the first week of September.

So butt to chair and fingers to keyboard!!

Ciao!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger GutterBall said...

You go, girl!

And I think whatever you decide will be great. Just the idea of a 1000 word a day club had me flipping through my old stories for the one I've always wanted to demolish and start all over with a different setting. Needless to day, I did, and now I have a whole new, better-directed plot going.

Just waiting for the starter pistol.

And there's always the current WiP that needs a 1000 word a day goose.

8/25/2007 12:54 PM  
Blogger Dixie Belle said...

I'm cleaning out files and stuff. What I need to do is decide what story I want to write....

8/26/2007 8:04 AM  
Blogger Anna Black said...

Sounds good, everyone! I know that I need to get ready for this so that's why I wanted to give myself and anyone else time to get ready for it. But it's coming fast! September 1st is this upcoming Saturday!

8/26/2007 8:53 AM  
Blogger GutterBall said...

Holy crap! Where did August go??

Ugh. I guess that means I need to houseclean today so I won't have that to distract me and provide one of those "necessary" things I can do to avoid writing. Yeow!

8/26/2007 11:03 AM  
Blogger Bri said...

I'm so ready for the 1000 Words a Day to start! I've pulled up some short stories I want to save and maybe an idea for a novella. And if you do a yahoo group, that'd be awesome too :D Have a great Sunday!

8/26/2007 1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home