Where Desire Meets Destiny

Friday, November 16, 2007

Celebrate!

Anybody out there remember the song "Celebration" by Kool and the Gang? It's a great party song and very upbeat.

Well, I'm celebrating.

One of the published authors in my local RWA chapter said that writers should celebrate every time they send out a manuscript, not just when they get accepted.

However, trust me, gettting that same manuscript rejected a few months down the line does take the luster off the original celebration.

But, I'm not going to think about that. I finished revising my novella last night and submitted it just under the wire.

Yes, I most certainly wished I'd had more time to work on it and I fear, due to its many faults, it will most certainly get rejected.

But, so far, it's the longest story I've submitted. It came in at just under 24, 000 words. I've been steadily increasing the word counts for my manuscripts as I work my way towards finally writing, finishing and submitting a novel.

So I feel good about that, at least. I should have started working on it earlier, however, and have learned my lesson from that.

But, yeah, for now, I'm celebrating.

TGIF and have a good one!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said...

Woo-hoo!!! A celebration is definitely in order. Great job, Anna! Have a great relaxing weekend, proud that you set a deadline and KEPT IT.

11/16/2007 8:42 PM  
Blogger Susan Helene Gottfried said...

I like that attitude!

11/16/2007 9:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck on the submission WOOOHOO another one finished

11/18/2007 2:30 PM  
Blogger Anna Black said...

Thanks! Appreciate the congrats! Now on to the next project! :)

11/19/2007 6:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home