Where Desire Meets Destiny

Monday, October 01, 2007

October 1st and 1,000 Words a Day

It's October 1st and, at least here, pumpkins are everywhere. Although with the rather warm weather we've been having it doesn't quite feel like fall

As for this blog, with hope, things won't be so hectic this month and I can at least post once a week.

September was a BUSY month. I drafted, finished and submitted all three of the projects I was working on. Two 13,000 word stories and one 4,000 word story.

And, I have to say, it was thanks to the 1,000 Words a Day List that Joely and I created.

As a result of that list I wrote 38,192 words in September which is 10% of the list's goal of helping its members write 365,000 words in a year.

I averaged 1,273 words a day and, as I said, I not only finished my projects by writing every day, but I got up early and wrote before heading to work and I also wrote when I got home.

And, so far, the members of the list have reported that it has helped them also with their writing.

So we're entering October with a renewed sense of purpose. I have two projects I want to finish by the end of the month and, this year, I'm going to do NaNoWriMo and see if it can help me get a jump start on writing and finishing a novel.

Happy Monday and Happy October 1st

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said...

Three submissions--what a tremendous month!! Great job, Anna. Best of luck with all three. Here's to another great month!

10/01/2007 5:50 AM  
Blogger Anna Black said...

Thanks, Joely! Yep, here's to another month of writing!

10/02/2007 5:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home